Friday, February 11, 2011

Grace every 15 minutes

It is 5 a.m. and I have been up since 3 a.m.  I heard a soft call from my little girls's room and found my oldest laying on the floor looking up at the ceiling.  She had gotten out of bed and had passed out and couldn't remember how she got there.  Our house hold has been very sick with the stomach flu and Autumn hasn't been able to keep down food or liquids for just over 2 days.  As I put her back in bed she said "everything is going crazy".  I knew she was dehydrated and my level of concern had been raising for her since the evening before.  I stood there and prayed simply "God please show me what to do".  Then an idea came to take her with me on the couch and have her drink a sip of rehyraration drink every 15 minutes. David carried her out we laid hands on her together and then prayed. So now for the past 2 hours I have been waking her every 15 mintutes and giving her a sip of gatoraid and a a few sips of water, and praying a lot. She has kept down the fluids!  There have been moments I have fallen asleep but it seems that I have help because I haven't yet missed the 15 minute mark.

Grace is such a wonderful gift.  In moments that we need it,  it is there, custom fit.  Tomorrow morning we may need to take our little one (or rather 7 year old, but tonight she is my little one) to the doctor but during this night the Lord directs me.  He is who I put my trust and hope in.

Well, 15 minutes have passed, off I go to give Autumn her liquids and to receive another 15 minutes full of grace and sleep.


 'Be still my soul and remember to listen for your Saviors guidance at all hours of the day and night.'
~becky



Since I wrote the previous Autumn has turned a corner.
That next morning she looked white as a ghost but was ready for toast and more liquids and kept them down and has retained her color. She is weak but doing very well. Now it is her sisters turn to get better.  I had a friend say being a mom is not for the faint of heart.  I couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

We are so glad you are all feeling better! We were praying for you!

Love, The Sticklers

The Petersons said...

Wow Becky, just read this. Praise Jesus for His grace and wisdom! So glad you are all doing better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...