Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Simply Beautiful ~ EBRU

Beauty is simplicity to me. 
I love the simple things in life. 
I especially love color in all it's ranges. 
This post is celebrating the beauty of Turkish Creativity. 
Enjoy the color.. and enjoy Turkey for a moment too.




This last weekend we as a family went to a Muesum here in our city and there is a husband and his wife who do traditional Turkish art called paper marbling or in Turkish EBRU.  I have included pictures to record how fasinating and beautfiul it is.  Everything they use is natural and each piece is unique, no two pictures are the same. 

EBRU (marbling paper): is the art of transferring the patterns prepared on the surface of the water to a sheet of paper.

The girls are so interested and I love that they were able to sit so close and watch everything.

Here he is flicking differnt colors of paint unto the surface of the prepared water.


He uses differnt tolls, like a scredriver to move the colors around.


Tulips originated from Turkey. Tulips are literally everywhere in the spring here.
Usually the paintings are of differnt colors of tulips.

This is just a normal piece of paper where the image will be transferred onto.

Simply Beautiful!

Autty gave this gentlemen a flower (weed) she had picked so he gave her his demenstration picture.

What a great gift for her. It is very fitting since she herself is a rainbow of colors and creativity.

If you can see there are lots of paintings in the background done by him, his wife and daughter.
The pictures range from 10 lira to 60 lira.  They are amazing.


These are both demenstration pictures, they end up selling the demenstration ones for just 10 liras.
(About 7 U.S. dollars)
The more expensive ones are flawless and have an amazing range of color and detail. I would like to go back and buy one but these two are for the girls for now. The experience was an absolute joy.


When we got home I kept thinking about how we too could try marabling,  we ended up with some fun prints of our own...but that is for next time. :)

Update:  
Paper marbling with shaving cream. Check out our experiment at home with paper marbling. 
It was a lot of fun.
Click  here to visit our marabling with shaving cream post.


 I have been considering doing a GIVE AWAY based on 'Celebrating Turkish Creativity'.  I thought these paintings might be a good option.
Tell me what you think? 
 I would love to know if others would want an origanl Paper Marbaling piece of their own from Turkey?

8 comments:

sara said...

OH MY WORD! That is amazing! Thanks for sharing! I will have fun looking around your blog!

Unknown said...

This is so cool! I would love to be able to do this!

~Beth D. said...

These are great! so neat you can get them for a smaller price.

Jill said...

Oh my goodness!!! How absolutely lovely!! What a treasure!
Thank you so much for sharing!!
true inspiration!
Many Blessings!
Jill

Connie said...

I so love love love this!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Gorgeous!!! This looks amazing -- I bet the girls had a wonderful time! :-)

Lynn said...

What kind of paint are you using?

Creatively Content said...

dear Lynn. My family and I went and watched an Ebru artist. So it was not me painting it. I believe the paint is acrylic however and they use a certain ingredient in the water. They told me it in Turkish but I didn't know the word in English. Hope this helps. much care.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...