Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mixed media houses

Here are a few mixed media houses I have worked on over the past several months on and off.
I guess you could call them recycled pieces of art. :)


Now that they are individually done I am trying to figure out how to work them as a corporate piece?? 
I am not too sure if I should do them together or independently.

These pieces were made primarily from cardboard and acrylic paint. Pieces of burlap, magazine clippings, pages from an old book, scrap book paper, ribbon, small pieces of wood, hemp, felt and fabric. Oh yes a a few beads and buttons too.  All the pieces  held together with Mod Podge, thread and a glue gun. 



I have thought a lot about how each family/household has a distinct thumbprint (personality) and these houses represent that to me.



 Each family has a unique style and way about themselves, not needing to compare themselves with the next household because that household is made up of uniquely different individuals with their own set of strengths, weaknesses and style.

Anyway there you have it. I would love any input if you think I should do a piece with all the houses or do 3 individual ones....?

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Eph. 2;10  

"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." Gen. 1:27

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Ps. 139:14


Bye for now. :)
In my little west corner,
Becky







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...