Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Orphanage part #1

I went to the orphanage again today to drop off items I had and that I had collected from others. I drove in the gate and the guard was much friendlier this time. My friend Dilek and I got out of the van and gave our IDs and then unloaded the van and left.


I have been on a slow search to find this orphanage that I knew was in our town somewhere. Finally my friend and I went together and she helped me find it one day about a 2 weeks ago.  The place is large and the areas we saw were clean and the whole place smelled fresh.  There was a nice park in the garden area and the people I did see were dressed nice and seemed to each have a purpose and position. We were able to talk to one of the managers, not quite sure her title.  There are 100 children in the orphanage. The children attend public schools for their education and the largest group they have right now is 17 year old girls. We were not offered a tour and didn't press it, however did ask how we could help. I really want to get my foot in the door here. I want to see the living conditions of the children. I want to see the children interact and see where I can possibly use whatever giftings God has given me to reach out and be a hand of love. Praying for an open door.
~

11 years ago I visited Turkey and we visited an orphanage while we were in country. I want to share my story ~ it is heartrending and one that I will never forget.  However it is just past 11:00 pm and it is my bedtime and it is an emotional draining story for me especially when I am already tired, so I will try and finish tomorrow...until then, goodnight.

"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27


In my west corner,
Becky

I HAVE LEARNED THE SECRET OF BEING CONTENT IN ANY AND EVERY SITUATION, WHETHER WELL FED OR HUNGRY, WHETHER LIVING IN PLENTY OR IN WANT. I CAN DO EVERYTHING THROUGH HIM WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH." PHIL. 4:12,13

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you to be able to find a way to serve in this orphanage. Looking forward to your updates and this other story you have alluded to. May God bless you in your endevours!

Jill said...

I'm sure you'll find a way to help out at the orphanage - what a great place to offer your talents!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Betsy de Cruz said...

I hope the Lord gives you an open door that no one can shut!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...