Friday, January 6, 2012

Cardboard love # 4 ~ DIY whiteboard


Here is a little something that has inspired my daughters in their learning.  
It is fun to mix things up a bit now and again you know. :)
Diy Whiteboards can travel to any room in the house and are light as a feather and simple to clean up.


The key to these simple diy whiteboards are washable markers.  
Dry erase markers do not work well.  We only use washable markers and they wipe off easy with a damp towel.

What you will need:

My DIY daily whiteborad organizer.
I decided to make one for myself..this could look so much prettier.  Fabric around the frame etc but I needed it ASAP and so it fits nicely behind my kitchen door.  This is a great cheap help to me and whenever I am tired of it I can toss it.
Maybe someday I will even make it look all chic and fun...maybe.

This has been a real fun motivator for Lydia. 
She likes how big it is and I like how it travels to any room with us and is easy cleanup. 



Using what we have: contact paper and cardboard...
In our west corner of Turkey,
Becky

8 comments:

MiaB said...

How neat!! I never thought of making my own.. I could use a few of these for my students.. Would like if you could share this on Sharing Saturday

http://www.mamamiasheart2heart.com/2012/01/sharing-saturday-am-thrilled-to-be.html

Have a happy day
~MiaB

We Can Do All Things said...

OHHH Great idea! Thanks for the idea!

Lorie said...

What a great idea!

Thanks for your comment at Reading Confetti!

Jill said...

What a good idea! I have a big roll of left over contact paper - and tons of big card left over from Christmas boxes.......
Thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Carrie said...

How neat! I did play envelopes for my daughter coating them with clear contact paper and got her the wet erase pens for overhead machines (I use to be a teacher). Anyway, what a great idea.

Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

maggy, red ted art said...

Great idea ! And fab use of cardboard. Love!

Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

Amber said...

Dumb question but what is contact paper & where do you get it?

Creatively Content said...

Amber, Not a dumb question... contact paper is often comes in print and people use it a lot to line a kitchen drawer with etc. You peel off the back and apply the sticky part to whatever surface you are wanting. I am certain it could be found at a local hobby store or dollar store. However I live in Turkey and so I am not the best one to ask where to find it. :) Hope this helps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...