Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cardboard love #5 ~ Cardboard town play houses

WELCOME to:
Living room Lane, where a small little red neighborhood has been newly developed. 
Come take a look.  
The key hole, peep hole, mailboxes, cardboard phone and flower boxes make these individual compact playhouses FULL of pretend play and fun. 



If you recall THIS post ~ then you remember the very large cardboard boxes I scored. I cut them in half and then I surprised the kids with their own little playhouse neighborhood and we together put in all the fun simple amenities. Come and see us as we paint the living room red and white. :) Simple fun!





 Visiting your neighbor is a high priority in this tiny town. 


Little key holes for keys.



Cardboard phones.




Cardboard phone and straw antenna. The kids made these on their own. 
They're held into place with some velcro strip.



We worked together on some pretty flowers and flower boxes. 




I walked into the living room and here they were watering their flowers. 
So made me smile. :)


Here are the flower boxes, blooming with color.




Now this is my favorite part... they are compact and easy to put aside and pull out again.  I don't have room to store them long-term but because they are so compact I am happy to store them like this for a bit...
 My kids have thoroughly enjoyed these simple little homes, major pretend play has been happening at our house!


Off I go ~  Our kids are on winter break here so tomorrow we are heading to 
Istanbul for a few days to visit friends. 
We are all super excited to get away and do something different. 


Well my friends that is the end of this very picture heavy post. 
Using what I have and this week it is ~ polka dotted cardboard!
In my west corner,
Becky


I HAVE LEARNED THE SECRET OF BEING CONTENT IN ANY AND EVERY SITUATION, WHETHER WELL FED OR HUNGRY, WHETHER LIVING IN PLENTY OR IN WANT. I CAN DO EVERYTHING THROUGH HIM WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH." PHIL. 4:12,13


Linking up at THESE PARTIES

17 comments:

Veronica and Daniel said...

This looks so fun!!! My favorite is the phone :)

Unknown said...

Adorable! I saw cardboard play houses being sold at stores during Christmas and I thought... really we used to make our own out of real boxes. These are great- just like what my siblings and I used to do... but these are much prettier! I'd love it if you shared at my linky party... www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com
-Melissa

Jill said...

Oh Becky - yet another fabulous idea!! To have a whole imaginary little town to play in would be amazing!!

Hope you all have fun in Istanbul!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

KendasCrafts said...

that looks so fun! great idea!

Jackie Higgins said...

I love the idea of an entire town of playhouses instead of just the single playhouse! cool!

Amy said...

There are so many things I love about this! The polka dots, velcro phone & flower box are my favorites! How fun!!!

Hannah said...

This is so cute! :) It's lovely seeing something so creative! Your playhouses look adorable, I especially like how compact they are - it's great that you can just pop them away when you need to.
There really is something so special about having your own little place when you're young isn't there?
We've actually got a blog that talks about all sorts of ways to play creatively, would love it if you could take a look?
We're called big Game Hunters, and we're always keen to hear about new ways of playing and having fun!

http://theplayexperts.wordpress.com/
We also have a playhouse website :)
www.playhouses.co.uk

Thanks!

Hannah

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea! My kids have always loved boxes!!

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

so cute! thanks for sharing your fun on the sunday showcase. I shared this on Fb & pinned it!

Hannah said...

Wow! These look like heaps of fun! Loving the red and polka dots :)

Bekah said...

Adorable!!! These are SO cute - totally pinned!!!

Bekah @SonshineTotSchool.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

These are adorable! I wish I scored some polka dot boxes! I'm featuring on A little Tipsy tomorrow!

Becca Ross said...

So much fun!!!

I host a Home and Family Friday linky party. I'd love it if you'd link up your project.

becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

THis is waaaaaaay fun & clever!! What fun! thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great week =-)
Beth

Lindsi B said...

oooh my word what a FABULOUSLY fun town you have created!!! My kids would be jealous! (and I am a little too!) So glad you shared on TGIF! Would you please link up for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays_10.html

RedTedArt said...

Oooh you have some seriously pretty boxes in your house! And what a BRILLIANT way to play with them. SOOOO FAB!

Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

Unknown said...

What a wonderful town you have created. I love the phone velcroed (not sure that is a word) to the wall...very clever.
I am your newest follower via fb. I am so glad to have found your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...