Wednesday, May 22, 2013

It is well with my soul. or is it?


I have recently started compiling a list of my top 10 things I am grateful for. Things that produce in me an inexpressible joy and inability to ever say thank you enough to the giver.  This is causing me to really look and meditate on all the things in my life that I am grateful for and then recognise the weight  of some of these gifts.

This excersise has come at a time where I am struggling DAILY with apartment living and being surrounded by no green. I am determined (with Christ's tender reminders) to see truth in my days instead of entitlement!

Our 2013 first... all kids have their own bikes. First day bike riding. :) 
I am reading a book that my mother-in-law gave me called Choosing Gratitude. It has been timely for me. I see my need for a heart change and a discipline in the way I look and speak about things in my life.

This old hymn has breathed courage into me these past few days, it has also humbled me greatly.
Oh that this could be my expression of faith as well.

'Whatever my lot, you have taught me to say, it is well, it is well with my soul. ' 


This video is the song and story of the writer of this amazing hymn.
Enjoy and I hope it breathes courage into you today.

In my west corner.
Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...