Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sewing an ugly quilt

My cardboard love series will start next week mainly because I have been sewing like crazy lately and if I am on a roll I better not stop.  I am trying to learn how to sew proficiently. The struggle for me is that I am not the best at details and reading directions really is a challenge for me.  I like to SEE pics or SEE others demonstrating it. I think I would do great at a sewing class.  I could take one here but they are such a time commitment every week day for for 3 hours for about 4 to 6 months. (crazy) So I am slowly making progress on my own...


I have had this VERY flowery 100% cotton fabric (impossible to find cotton in my town).  The State flowers fabric series...someone gave to me. So I cut it up in squares and I recently starting patch-working it together. The top part is finished and now I am working on tying it instead of quilting because I think it is too ugly to spend that kind of time on it.  So I will show you a picture of the finished product soon. It is very basic but hey basic is where I am at. I think I will make it into a picnic quilt.

Also because I have my machine out I decided to try and upscale or up-cycle my wardrobe.  I am excited to show you the results of that too.  I have put together a full outfit that I never would have worn together before the remake.  A pregnancy dress and a sweater turned into something ~ simple and trendy, but most importantly me!  Here are the before pics, I have no idea if I will have the guts to model the outfit we shall see. :)












I have finished the sweater so off I go to finish up the dress. Until next time...
In my west corner,
Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...