Thursday, December 1, 2011

Our pumpkin girl, cake and applique

For our little Pumpkin:

Happy 8 year old Birthday sweet Autumn.

She is such a delight to our life. She fills our lives with colors from the rainbow. She has her own unique style and confidence. She loves the outdoors. She is generous and a dreamer. She is honest and loves to share her passion for Jesus. She values her family and traditions (espaically Saturday morning family breakfast ).~


Ever since she was a little baby we (me) have called her pumpkin. This year I wanted to remind her that she is our little pumpkin, deeply loved and cherished for who she is.

A pumpkin shaped birthday cake. 

I made her a pumpkin place mat with the clear contact paper I have found these days for her birthday dinner. David and I then wrote out a bunch of things we enjoy about her.


This year we had a simple family celebration with our dear little friends 
Lindsey and Maddie over for dinner and an intimate party. 

Here is the little pumpkin applique shirt I made for her :) 
it has a few cute little fabric yo yos on the shirt too.  


This girl has a winning smile and a way to make you feel like you are the coolest. She is ridiculously creative and loves things that I make for her. She received ALOT of gifts this year, including two little turtles..Doodle and Toodle. 

My constant prayer for her is that she would be convinced of Gods love. No matter life's circumstances or even our failure at times as parents that Gods truth and word would be rooted deep in her heart and she would know not only our love but the love of her Heavenly Father.

~will post again soon... 
Oh yeah and tomorrow I will be starting up my "investing in my neighborhood schools" again by doing a craft project for Autty's class.  Every time I do one of these projects in the local school I am reminded how I should still be studying my Turkish! 25 students and a ten lira budget. :)

In my little west corner of Turkey to all of you in your corners of the world,
Becky

I HAVE LEARNED THE SECRET OF BEING CONTENT IN ANY AND EVERY SITUATION, WHETHER WELL FED OR HUNGRY, WHETHER LIVING IN PLENTY OR IN WANT. I CAN DO EVERYTHING THROUGH HIM WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH." PHIL. 4:12,13

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...