Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Got up early this morning...to listen.

I got up early this morning so that I could spend more time with my Lord. I wanted to be able to hear, to listen. I spend so much time talking to the Lord or asking for numerous things through out my days I forget to listen and hear what is on his heart.

As I sat and listened I realized the absurdity of it all.  There I was in this chair so little and insignifiant and I was saying to God the creator of all things "I just want to know what is on your heart today Lord." Seriuosly can I approach this amazing God in such a simple, humble way?  That God would speak to me and answer me? I am blown away today at the absolute absurdity of this privledge we have to approach God and that he speaks to us, to me!


"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! 
How unsearchable are His judgement and unfathomable His ways!" Romans 11:33



 In my west corner, 
                                                 Becky 


"That God can be known by the soul in tender personal experience while remaining infinitely aloof from the curious eyes of reason constitutes a paradox...." (A.W. Tozer, The Knowledge of the Holy)

How are your listening skills these days? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...