Tuesday, May 8, 2012

No pattern A-line dress

Hi! there.
Here is my A-line dress with some ric- rac pockets. :) 
Kinda looks like the circus:).

plus lots of Pocket tutorials and ideas!!!!!!




Simple A-line dress tutorial: 
*Take one of your daughters dresses and fold in two. *Take 2 pieces of your fabric fold one in two then the other. *Take the two folded pieces and place them on top of each other then place the dress on top  *Trace the dress giving one inch extra seam allowance as your trace along the dress. *Cut out. * I then took one dress piece and cut the neckline in more of a circle for the front of the dress. (also you need to make sure the dress will go over the child's head if you are not putting in buttons or a zipper.)
You can use this pattern over and over with so many variations. 

I recognize this is not a detailed tutorial. It was just SOOOO easy I wanted to share just in case others needed an encouragement jump start. This is a perfect project for a novice. 
This tutorial is very similar to mine but with some added details and the pockets are big and darling!!
Source: From the blue shed
Here are some more wonderful helps and ideas for pockets. 
Pocket TUTORIALS





Pocket IDEAS



I made this little Circus dress for DRESS A GIRL around the world sew along ~April 2012. This was my first ever dress and sew along and it turned out pretty good I think. I used whatever I already had in house for fabric and and such. The dress is made from a sheet like material and the pockets are up-cycled from some old pj pants. :)  I think I can do better next time so it will be fun to make a few fro my girls this summer. 

In my west corner....slowly learning to sew and using whatever I have to do it,
Becky.


6 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

You've done a fabulous job on your first dress, especially doing it without a pattern!!! It looks great!!! Love the ric rac...

Kristy said...

Wonderful!!!! You did a lovely job! Thank you so much for sewing along too!

Jill said...

What a cute little dress! So simple too! Great work!
I love your new blog header too!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Robin Gage said...

Your dress looks gorgeous. Thank you for linking to my tutorial and introducing me to your blog. I look forward to exploring it!
Robin
from the blue shed.

Anonymous said...

No pattern A-line dress are really attractive. Thanks for sharing such a nice blog with beautiful images!!

Netball aline dresses

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...